The Books about Ozzys life from when he was a child to and adult and about his career as a singer/entertainer.
Friday, July 7, 2017
This term I have been reading and studying the novel abandon ship
I found this novel ok because i did not like it
During the novel I had to complete a thinking map which shows that I can classify how the author has shown the theme of the book.
- Link to Classify Map
National Standard this covers
- Year 7/8 Standard
- I can identify and evaluate the way writers’ use language and ideas to suit their purpose and I can use my growing wide range of academic and content-specific vocabulary to understand texts.
- Overall I would give this novel a rating of 7/10 and I would not recommend it to others to read because it was not very good
Monday, July 3, 2017
In ARTS this term we have been learning to:
Here is a link to our online modelling book.
- During this unit of learning we:
- Described the characteristics of silent performances.
- Identified different techniques used in silent performances.
- Used these techniques in a variety of different practice situations.
- Worked in a small group to put together our own silent performance.
The most challenging part of this unit of learning was making the movie because it was hard to plan and make.
The two things that I enjoyed the most were:
- making the movie
- working in a group
The story that my group told silently was the police mans taser was stolen by the homeless man
Overall I think my group worked really well together because we made a good movie
WALT: I can successfully research a current event.
Here is a link to our online modelling book for this unit of learning.
The National Standard that I have been aiming for during this unit of learning is
- Year7/8: I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.
Each week we have read a short text about a current event/ topic. We then formed questions based on what we had read. After this we researched the answers to our questions and finally we gave our opinions on what we had found out.
Here is some evidence of my learning.